The alarm is set. I begin in the morning. I have not done water aerobics in 4 years. Summer of 2006 best bud and I used to go to classes. I wonder if it will be the same. It does not matter. I am in need of cardio....bad.
I am working on the pregnancy camp plan. Remember this is in place of fat camp. I think I will go with the following goals:
- consume 2000 healthy calories daily (lately this has not happened consistently).
- continue to walk the dogs at least 1.2 miles daily (foot issue, not heat or laziness related).
- continue daily vitamin and water consumption (this is one thing I have always been excellent at).
- continue daily push-ups (40 but they are now modified and done on the wall as my center of gravity has really changed).
- Five, hour long cardio sessions per week (right now I am hoping for them to be water aerobics since I have the foot issue and I hate cycling but time will tell).
- Three weight training sessions per week (maybe more). Bodypump classes or pregnancy video. I do not care which, at this point I am not all hard-core like I was the first trimester.
- Nap whenever I feel like it and try to get at least 8 hours of sleep per night.
Any other suggestions? Am I missing anything? Will it be enough to slow down the weight gain and stay healthy? I guess time will tell.
I just pray my foot goes back to normal after this baby comes and I can get back to some high-impact, heavy-duty, calorie burning cardio. I am sure it will be worth it but it is hard to imagine in a few months I will have an actual little baby. If I really think about what is going on inside my body, I kind of freak myself out. I think pregnancy for everyone goes fast, except for the person who is actually pregnant. Mentally it is harder than I thought it would be. Mostly because I lost all that weight prior to pregnancy. It is a daily struggle to lose the control I had. Kudos to all of you moms. You have made it through and you look pretty damn good now so I know it is possible for me too. And some of you who have had multiples (best bud) and many more babies and look fabulous. I know you worked hard, I am willing. Now, if my body would just cooperate.