Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Exhaustion

Exhaustion has taken over my body. Probably due to the baby. Man, about 6:30 or 7 I just want to crash (and have). It was a long, fun weekend but I survived.

Update on old friend - well she does not seem psycho. In fact, she seemed a lot like she did in the old days. We talked tons, no awkward silences. Our husbands got along well. Her baby is pretty perfect. Makes me jealous. I just keep thinking about the law of averages. The more people I meet with awesome kids (i.e. old friend and best bud) the more likely (it seems) my chances are of having a spaz for a child. Anywho, I met old friend at her hotel Saturday thinking we would spend a couple of hours together. We did - like 8. She came over on Sunday and it was about the same. We also had fun posting really old, bad pics of friends on facebook. She was very sweet and got my baby a gift - her kids favorite toys. Very thoughtful. I must say that there was no alcohol involved this weekend so that is probably why things went so well.

Then Monday best bud and family came over so I got to spend the day chillin' with those I love most. So fun. The girls (2 now) loved the pool. Yay because that is where I plan on spending my summer.

It is also the last week of school which is super crazy busy. We had splash day which meant water slides. Huge, inflatable water slides. Like 30 foot tall, inflatable water slides. There were also dry ones which were not as fun because it was so hot. But my large student (the one who love hot pockets) could not climb the ladder so I did it to show her how. Man, I shimmied right up that thing and it was a complete vertical climb.

I have gained about 22 pounds with this pregnancy so far. Way too much, I know. I have been depressed about this. I have for sure eaten too much and my foot is out of whack so I have not been doing my high-impact aerobics. In fact, the past week I have been so busy and tired I have not done much of anything. Once school is out (this weekend) I am joining another gym. I am going back to the YMCA (along with my other memberships) so I can do water aerobics. I need something BAD. I need daily cardio and a class with others that push me. I am competitive like that so the old folk in class better watch out!

Despite my recent, heavy gain and being 5 months prego, I shimmied up those water slides and went flying to the bottom. SO MUCH FUN!! I had to do it more than once (sorry kids). I was so proud and happy because when I was heavy I know I could not have done it. I know this because I tried to help a student a few years ago and could not get up the 8 foot, 45 degree angle ladder. It felt so good that I could still reap some benefits of my weight loss.

Remember last summer how I put myself through a self-imposed fat camp? Well this year it will be pregnancy camp. It will involve a lot of water aerobics, some weight training and lots of naps. I would just like to stop gaining for a little while and get some energy back.

Hope you all share your summer workout plans. I need your inspiration! Enjoy your week. The weekend is right around the corner.

10 comments:

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

That's great you went on that slide - it means more than just having fun...it's because you can!

So weird how we've both re-connected with old friends lately. Since I live really far away from her right now, we've only had contact via Facebook. I don't know if I'm ready for even a phone call yet. I'd rather be able to meet up with her for coffee or something...That's great you are able to re-establish your friendship like that, though.

If you're exhausted, then rest...I had a weird snoring habit when I was pregnant and slept like I've never slept before...all the time! Pregnancy is a great "excuse" to take naps...no one can argue with you on that one!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I love water parks! (I'm just like a child). I just bought a season pass to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor! WOOHOO! Doubt you will be makin any trips to the Texas Giant this summer...don't think that would be the safest thing to do. lol.
And BTW, I thought you looked fantastic when I saw you a couple of weeks ago!

Alison said...

Ignore the law of averages! You will influence your child so much, that she is unlikely to be a spaz :p

Sounds like you had a great weekend and once school is over you will be able to rest so much more. Maybe I should join your bootcamp :P

Unknown said...

Would it help to tell you that according to my doctor's scale I gained EIGHT POUNDS this month?!

F. McButter Pants said...

Your doing great. My daughter is super tired as well. I was super tired the entire 1st 4 months.

I do remember fat camp last year. You totally rocked it! I think that's when we started to be bloggy friends.

You'll do great. Don't be depressed by the 22 lbs. It's almost more then half over!

Joy said...

Enjoy every minute, you're doing great!! I can't wait to go to a water park. Almost have enough strength to do it ~ Can't wait!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Don't be too hard on yourself, pregnancy is difficult on a body. Water park sounds really, fun, I am quite jealous, as water and swimming is just not a part of my life anymore, unless I travel, my home is never that warm. Exercise might help you feel better, if it's normally part of your life and hasn't been lately. A woman who comes to my kickboxing class on Tuesday has come until the very end on two of her pregnancies. They just don't do crunches, pull-downs, etc.

Pam said...

Sounds like a great fun time! Definitely listen to your body and rest when you need it.

Try to give yourself a break on the weight gain - you will be stunned at how fast it comes off afterward - seriously - I dropped 60 pounds in two weeks - no lie. Enjoy your pregnancy - you're on the downhill of it now and its going to go by faster than you could ever imagine. You don't want to look back on it with regret that you fretted over a few pounds when you should have been savoring the moments.

P. Hentermine said...

Give more exhaustion from your body as I also do, then you will feel the difference.

Anonymous said...

What's up Everybody, I am not brand new on the site but I thought at present was as good as time as any to say hiya, so.. well hello there :)
Here is [url=http://provenpenisenlargement.blogspot.com/2010/06/natural-penis-enlargement-exercises.html]My space