Thursday, June 18, 2009

Is it Nap Time Yet?

I am feeling so tired today. I still exercised this morning but I am contemplating a nap before swimming (instead of the EA Sports Active). Hmmmm, perhaps I will listen to my body. Who doesn't benefit from a nap?

I just got back from the dermatologist. Man is my skin annoying me. This is actually the first time in ten weeks it has looked slightly better (and I mean slightly) but I think it is just drying out from the sun exposure. The reason? Evidently I have been using my topical medicines incorrectly. One of the meds made my skin feel like it was on fire. So me, having common sense, stopped using it. Supposedly you are supposed to wait 20 minutes after washing your face before applying.

Hmmm....I recall the instructions being "wash with only this special soap, apply this crap in the morning after washing and apply this crap in the evening after washing."

Me being the dumb shit that I am, followed those directions (along with the ones for the oral medication) to the letter for the past 10 weeks. They did not say to wait to apply the crap. Nowhere on the meds does it say to wait before applying crap.

It took 10 weeks of my life (which my skin can never get back) and $120 in co-pays, not to mention the hours waiting at the damn pharmacy, to learn that I am my own worst enemy. That is what I get for listening to "experts" from the field.

Now I will follow their explicit instructions for another 6 weeks. I will go back and pay yet another $40 co-pay. But if my skin still looks like it does now (hideously scared and filled with red bumps) I shall tell them to kiss my ass (and admire the skin because it is soft and blemish-free) and move on to a different expert.

Oh enough of my ranting. But boy sometimes people really chap my ass. I guess this is proof that someone is crabby and needs a nap. That someone is me. Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

F. McButter Pants said...

Sometimes people chap your ass....that made me laugh. My granddad used to say that. Thaks for the blast from the past!

Naps are SO GOOD FOR YOU.

wildfluffysheep said...

Well I could do with a nap..... I love naps. Hell who am I kidding. I JUST LOVE FRICKIN' SLEEPING.

EEEp at the skin troubles. Not fun.

Enjoy your nap!