Saturday, April 4, 2009

Finally!

So I broke a rule. Do not weigh myself for a month? I don't think so. My trainer told me to weigh on Sunday but my best friend's twins had their 1st birthday yesterday so there was a party yesterday and one today. Lots of food and cake! So I decided to weigh on Friday. And then I did it again today. It's like I have OCD sometimes.

The results? Between two birthday parties I had one small piece of cake and nothing else. I ate a Subway sandwich before each party. But everything sure did smell and look good. Had it been another week, I would have eaten a lot more but I really wanted to give this a go since I had only been doing it a few days. The scale read 231, which means I lost 7 pounds since Monday (and that includes the cake). Finally!

When I worked out with my trainer this morning I told him that I hate him a little less now that the 2.5 pound gain is gone (and the additional loss is super nice!). Did I get a reward? Yes I did. This week we have been doing some of my training outside (he knows I like that better) and I now get to do tire-flipping. Oh yes my friends, gigantic tires meant for things bigger than any vehicle I have ever driven. It seems so masculine but I think it is really meant for my glutes and abs.

Now I feel like I have broken through a wall. Running was easier, my knee and hamstring are feeling better. It may all be in my head but I am happier. It is propelling me forward, to continue with this diet plan.

One random side note (even though everything I write is random) - I went shopping. If you have an Avenue store near you and they carry your size, you should at least go look. They have decided that with the recession, it would be better if they dropped the prices of the items in their store. I got tons of stuff - at their new regular prices. Including sunglasses for $2.96. I went to Lane Bryant and the capris I like were $45. I do not want to spend that much if I am not going to be able to wear them that long (my plan is to keep going down in sizes). At Avenue, I got a nice pair for $25. Also, they had the best jeans. They made me look more lean. I wore them to school yesterday and my first graders kept talking about how nice they looked. And we all know how honest children are, so I felt very good about my purchase. Oh yeah, instead of sending out coupons to save on your next trip, they are giving money off now. If you spend $125, you get $25 off.

Hopefully you are feeling good this week and are enjoying spring. Now it is time for me to catch up on your blog!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow! Great Job! How encouraging! So much relief after the gain...

Deb said...

Congrats on the loss.

Thanks for the tip regarding the Avenue. I am in dire need of some new work clothes. And I agree...I love Avenue jeans.

Can I ask how you found your trainer? I have entertained the idea of getting one but am not sure how to go about finding a good one who is willing to work with a 340 woman.

wildfluffysheep said...

Wow. Tyre flipping huh? That sounds intense!

Kudos on the loss and to feeling great. I too am having a good week :D *high fives*

MizFit said...

and I love your phrasing of feeling as though you have broken through a wall.
SO POWERFUL.
now keep going and dont look back :)