Saturday, February 21, 2009

Friday's Weigh-In

Sorry to post a day late. I must admit I was worried this week. I did step up the personal training sessions to 4 days a week (including 4:30am yesterday). I also ate french fries twice last week (which I rarely do).

So I was at 49 pounds lost last week and you know how when you are close to a major milestone and you step it up to make that milestone, something usually moves the scale in the other direction? That was my panic and fear yesterday morning (about 4:00am) before I stepped on the scale.

However, that scale showed a 1.5 pound loss. Nothing extraordinary but solid nonetheless. It was also enough to push me through that milestone. So I am at 50.5 pounds lost. I started doing all sorts of calculations and since I began in July of 2008, I am averaging 1.6 pounds lost each week. That seems like a slow and steady pace.

I also began to think how it will sound now that I can say "yeah, I've lost 50 pounds." I also thought that if my end goal were to lose 100 pounds (which I do not have an end goal yet), I can say I am over half way there (not by much, but I could say it).

Hmmmm....I just hope getting through the 50 pound range of weight loss goes faster than the 40 pound range went for me. I will just keep up the workouts and healthy eating.

Another question, what is your end goal? And how did you choose it?

3 comments:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

50.5 pounds! That's awesome. Congratulations!

My goal? I've decided to just take it one day at a time.

My motto is:
"Maybe I didn't do everything perfectly yesterday. That's no excuse for messing up today. Today is a new day, and I get a new start today."

Karyn said...

Woo Hoo! WTG on the loss and on hitting that milestone!

Unknown said...

YOU GO GIRL! Congrats on the 50.5! Amazing!

:)tj