Monday, December 20, 2010

That's What I'm Talking About!!

Good news friends!!! My baby's hiney is pretty much all healed!! Yay for my baby and Neosporin (this is what cleared it up, no joke - a nurse told me to do it). God I love this kid!! Even if we have a long fussy period most nights of the week.

I just want to say thank you for all your awesome comments and advice. You guys are SUPER great!! And one of the last comments I got really touched my heart and renewed my interest in blogging. I never lost it completely, it just got pushed aside. SO THANK YOU LUCY!!

As for the weigh-in.....4 pounds down this week. That is 11 since Thanksgiving. I must say I was feeling pretty bad. My body felt about 80 years old. This recovery is rough. But now that I am back in the swing with diet and exercise and I got a small chunk of weight off, it is feeling possible to lose the weight again.

I removed all maternity wear from the closet. It does not leave me much to wear since I am bigger than last years clothes. I tried on a size 12 skirt that was too big on me last Christmas. Now I cannot get it over the mass that my thighs have become. So sad. I think that shall be my goal for summer. Get that damn fitted skirt over my thighs and get that thing zipped.

I registered for a 5K on January 8th. Not sure if I will be able to run it. I am thinking I can slog (slow jog) it for a while and then walk. Time will tell. I tried to run down my street this weekend. I made it but it was painful (besides my knees, I stopped boob feeding so they were full and painful and I had an ingrown toe nail removed). I am hoping to heal up, get stronger and I just ordered new running shoes.

I also went back and read some of my firsts posts. Kind of funny. Even though I had lost 40 pounds, I still weighed more than I do now. If I could do it then, I can do it again. Right?

I am sure I will not have any more weight loss for a while with the holiday and my family coming to town. But workouts will continue!! I hope you all join me on this venture. Weight loss can be lonely. Let's do it together!!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hi, remember me? It's been a long time since I've stopped by to see what's up. I too kind of lost interest in blogging for most of the second half of 2010, but I miss you guys and .. well .. I regained 10+ of the pounds I worked so hard at losing. I think a lot of my initial success was due to the interaction and support that came from the blog. Good to see you're still here, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if we don't chat before then.