Sunday, August 1, 2010

Showered with Love

What? Another baby shower for my baby without a name? Why yes. This time in Michigan. This was hosted by my family. The reason the cake says Baby Friday Ferguson is because she does have a middle name. Friday - it is my mother's maiden name. Tribute to my grandpa (he is the last Friday).

I love presents for baby girl. In this box was a memory box. One of the coolest gifts I have ever received. It was gifted by my oldest friend (we were locker mates in middle school).
Okay this is kind of random. My mom's cousin and granddaughter. We call her cousin Ellie and she is so damn cute I want to pick her up and bounce her on my knee!


These two wonderful ladies are my aunts. They hosted and did a super magnificent job. They also gave the baby tons of gifts.

They're the three best friends that anyone could have....the three best friends....(can you name the movie from which I robbed that song?). Neither of these girls are best bud that I speak of ALL the time but in high school we were a load of trouble.


My bud Kim has a flare for photography so you get some neato pictures.



An extra gift from my ma. Strawberry Shortcake purse/lunchbox. I was OBSESSED with her when I was growing up.

My aunts came up with this neat way of packaging up little gifts.


A Michigan State bear. I LOVE that university. My undergraduate degree is from there. Some of the best times of my life.


Niece Cami, Ma, me and my sister. My sister and I have different moms - I assume that is why we look so different.

The only belly shot of the day.

After the shower, I went out with my folks to a pub. The bartenders call my mother "the mojito lady." After, we came home and my father drank a Corona tall boy. Their puppy wanted to finish it. Can you tell my family likes to get their drink on?

Baby girl really cleaned up. LOTS of gifts that my aunts are now mailing to my house and hundreds of dollars in gift cards. I am blown away by everyone's excitement and generosity.
Hope you all are having a super weekend. Heading home in a few hours.

10 comments:

Crys said...

Meant to ask... Can I call your baby Crystal until you have her? :-)

Joy said...

Love the pictures. You look great!! Hugs!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Looks like a great party! Congrats!

- Lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Love the belly shot, you'll be glad of that when you look back.
I have one of Kate but not of sophie and I regret that.
Loved all the little gifts and somehow I missed out on knowing this is a little girl.
How luck. they rule.

MizFit said...

lovelovelove how everyone (virtually and IRL) is showering you with, well, LOVE.


Carla

Gemma said...

Aww, looks like a lovely day! I wish baby showers were "in" over in the UK. Ive had 4 babies now and not one baby shower! Wonder if its too late!! You're looking great!

Ak said...

What a great shower! Thanks for sharing the pictures. :) My sister is about to have her baby any day now!

Cassie said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!! We are having mine this weekend.

Unknown said...

How nice! You look great - love that dress! I feel like my belly has EXPLODED in the past week, lol! It's amazing how big it gets when you're cooking up baby #3, lol!
Hope you're feeling good!

big_mummy said...

YOu look amazing girl! And you really lucked out... again lol