- Bumper pads will kill baby.
- Blankets will kill baby, turn heat up instead.
- Stuffed animals assassinate baby.
- Books are bad.
- Babies like to listen to hair dryers or vacuums.
- It is important to have a pediatrician, you do need one.
- Girl in the back does not remember having her umbilical cord (yes, she actually said this). She thinks she did not have one or that it was cut off.
- Baby clothes are fire-proof - good for racing (I am not sure where this came from).
- Books have people's opinions in them.
- Using water out of the fridge is bad for babies.
- Babies temperatures are high like dogs. 104 is when you have to worry.
Please note we do not actually believe these things. Hubby tends to be a smart-ass and was making fun of one girl in class. Thanks to her we got off track MANY times. Questions were also asked like "If my baby has an outie belly button, what did I do wrong? I want an innie." I tried not to laugh and time flew by. We did learn a few actual things. I wrote those down.
The surprising part is that we were all older parents to be in there. I am 32, hubby is 37. There were many people older than us in there. I would think some of these questions would have been asked by teenagers. Oh well, more entertainment for me!