- Drink lots of water and take my vitamins everyday - ACCOMPLISHED
- Eat 2000 healthy calories each day - SOMEWHAT ACCOMPLISHED (I am pretty sure I ate over this, but not by too much and it was pretty darn healthy)
- 40 push-ups everyday - ACCOMPLISHED
- Walk the dogs 1.2 miles everyday - ACCOMPLISHED
- 5 days of 1 hour cardio sessions - ACCOMPLISHED (all water aerobics)
- 3 days with weight training - FAILED (I did bodypump once)
I also managed lots of sleep/rest and a few days at the water parks (hello stair workout).
Where is the extra energy I am supposed to get in the 2nd trimester? I slept like 12 hours (minus the 4 restroom breaks) last night (I would not let myself take a nap yesterday). When I woke up this morning I was still a little tired but I did my push-ups and walked the dogs. Then I made a decision. I wanted to try a cardio workout on land. My foot has felt better this week (from the water aerobics I bet). So I decided to try turbo kickboxing. I was disappointed when I showed up and my favorite instructor was on vacation but I made a decision and stuck to it. I was early so I did 10 minutes on a bike (not as bad as I remember) and then completed the entire hour of turbo. My foot did not hurt but I came home and iced it anyway. I was proud of finishing but man as this baby gets bigger, exercising is more difficult. After that I was ready to come home and sleep again. I think I could nap for hours. Again I ask, where is my energy? Exercise, rest and healthy eats should equal energy. I guess someone needs to explain that to my body.
I think for next week I will keep the same goals but with weight training twice a week. For two reasons. #1 - double workout days are SUPER exhausting anymore and #2 - water aerobics does lots with water weights and toning.
Any suggestions for more energy? They have to be safe ones for the baby too (i.e. no Monster Energy drinks).