Hubby loves dessert (and me too lately) so I made the chocolate mousse again and portioned it out to eat through out the week.
4 or 5 cups cooked white rice (prepared according to box)
6 eggs (for less calories remove 2 or 3 yolks)
3 tablespoons of oil
1 or 2 crowns of broccoli (chopped in small pieces)
¾ cup shredded carrots
½ red bell pepper (chopped small)
½ green bell pepper (chopped small)
½ package of snow peas (they look like pods) chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup of low-sodium tamari (an aged soy sauce I find in the ethnic aisle at Kroger)
1. Cook the broccoli with a little Pam in a small pan because it takes longer to cook.
2. Cook rice in a pot according to the box directions.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet. While it heats, scramble the eggs in a bowl. Add them to the oil and cook like scrambled eggs.
4. Add the bell peppers, carrots and snow peas to eggs and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add in the cooked rice and tamari sauce. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
6. Add the frozen peas and broccoli and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
It is ready to serve but will be pretty hot. The calories on this can vary. I think it is about 180 calories for a 2/3 cup serving. This has lots of veggies and protein and is very good for you. I have tried it with brown rice but we like the white better. I usually serve with Chung’s eggrolls (from the freezer section) or grilled chicken.