I think that people losing weight usually focus on either diet or exercise. We work on both but have a strong suite for one. Mine is obviously exercise. I do not make any excuses. I do this religiously. Everyday. I love it.
Diet is another story. I count the calories. I try to learn about new things. I eat balanced meals. I eat 5 times a day (usually). But this is hard. I find myself saying - oh, you could have that extra (fill in the blank) for another 100 calories or so. This crap adds up. That is how I got so fat.
I fall back on the same stuff because it has given me pretty consistent results. I want to branch out a bit. I want to cook more. I mostly eat grilled chicken and salad (which I still love) but I want to try cooking other things. I need more support here.
Here is the question: Should I rejoin Weight Watchers?
I was a member from last Halloween until March. I was doing okay but I wanted to lose more. When I went to straight calorie counting it went faster. I have lost at least 50 pounds since I stopped WW.
Here are the pros:
- I would have to be accountable to someone other than me for the first time in a long time.
- If I have to step on that scale in front of others, perhaps I will not eat that extra 100 calories of whatever.
- The recipes. I love the recipe sharing and the healthy finds that others bring to meetings.
- Maybe I will get another 5 pounds or so off.
- I would feel a little less alone in this journey.
Here are the cons:
- I hate waiting for meetings to start and end. I mostly like the sharing of recipes and that is all.
- I love straight calorie counting. I HATE converting things to points.
- Will they let me join and say I only want to lose 5 pounds? I may want to lose more but I only want to tell them 5.
- Paying the membership fee.
- Crowded meetings after everyone makes their New Year's resolutions.
I know many of you have tried WW at one time or another (and still maybe members). What do you all think? If you were me, would you rejoin? Have you considered this on your journey?
PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT WITH YOUR THOUGHTS!! You all are the experts here. I am turning to you for advice. Please share your wisdom!! Thank you. You all mean so much to me. Please don't take too long of a break over the holiday. I will miss you too much!