Tuesday, June 23, 2009

There is a Reason Yoga is at Night

Well I survived an hour of the Yoga/Stretch class. There were only four of us so I got lots of personalized attention. I gotta say, I am not flexible and I think this is the sort of things hippies and yuppies have done so I did not think it was going to be for me.

I was wrong. It was actually quite nice. I can see why my trainer has been dying for me to do it. It was all about posture, stretching and breathing (which he is always bitching about).

The reason I think the class was so small was #1 - it burns slightly more calories than sleeping and #2 - it doesn't start until 7:00.

The reason it is only at night is because I am so relaxed I could totally go to bed. Not really the frame of mind for starting your day.

It was kind of a fun work training day. I learned lots about good children's literature which means I now have a huge list of new books to buy which will irritate my husband but I MUST HAVE MORE BOOKS (for the kids of course).

Secretly I must tell you I totally LOVE, LOVE, LOVE books. All the books I buy for my class (and let me tell you there are hundreds, possibly thousands) I totally enjoy myself. My family took me to the library as a kid but I was a slow reader and they were never big book people so it is like I am getting to relive my childhood the way I wish it had been and with all good books. I would never purposely buy a bad or questionable text.

Besides, look at all the books my kids will have to read someday.

But at the training I saw someone I had not seen since April. She did not recognize me and she fell into a wall when she figured out who I was. She was so sweet and gushed over me like I bet my mom would if she could see me. She said she only recognized my smile.

A co-worker from my school was there and I waved her down to come sit with me and she said she couldn't tell it was me because my face got thinner. School has only been out for two weeks. I am not that different. But I gotta say it is nice to hear.

My personal training session was a little rough because he is working on a muscle that is so tight sometimes I want to cry (hence why he was so excited for a yoga/stretch class). My right quad muscle gives me pain in my knee cap. Sounds weird I know, but he swears that is the cause. And he obviously knows more about this stuff than I do, so I take his therapy(what a beating that is) and cuss at him constantly. Whatever it takes to make it through, right?

Well tomorrow morning shall behold a kickboxing class so I need to read your blogs and rest up! Til then campers.....

9 comments:

Aimee said...

you have been so motivated this summer! :)

and yay for all of the compliments - that has to feel good.

Crys said...

You are so spot on on night time Yoga! I went Monday evening at 9. The class was was smaller and the instructor was amazing. I've always had trouble sleeping and I slept like a baby! I'm going to start going two night per week! Keep rocking fat camp! :-)

New&Improved said...

Sometimes I find yoga more difficult than normal workout. It's much slower than I want it to be. Also maybe it doesn't burn much calories but stretching is extremely important for shape of your body.

wildfluffysheep said...

ooooo a converted yoga girly! interesting. I just can't do yoga at all. My body refuses to entertain it.

*high fives* to lovin' books. me too :D

Karyn said...

How great that you are getting such positive comments! You deserve it, with how hard you have been working out!

Deb said...

I used to do yoga at home on Sunday nights in my pj's by candle light and when I was done would go immediately to bed. Ahhh...bliss.

M said...

Hi! This is my first time at your blog and I love it! I could go on and on about my love for books, but it seems like finally someone "gets" it. Thank you!! Congrats on all the compliments, I cant wait to read more! :)

~closed~ said...

Yoga is divine. I need to work it in more. I see a picture of food in your next post...must go drool over it now.

Mrs. Bradley said...

I hope to try yoga one day. I definitely need 2 b more flexible.