Thursday, June 11, 2009

Holy Soreness Batman!

Fat Camp - Day Four

Nothing but SORE, SORE, SORE. I took lots of Branch Chain Amino Acids which are supposed to help with muscle repair and soreness. The soreness won out.

But we must soldier on. It stormed all night so sleeping was minimal. Of course there would be a huge storm with flooding at camp. It delayed walking the dogs by a few hours and they were not happy about it.

I did go to Zumba...again. Let me just tell you, that class is so fun but if you really concentrate you can get some serious ab work done. I took that class last night so when I showed up this morning I could feel my obliques on both sides and abs from my boobs to my hips. Then I got to work those muscles again. This made class a little less fun. But you just push through.

Then I decided to eat some delicious protein (I made some killer scrambled eggs with lots of veggies and chicken in it - the cook here is quite talented at times) and let my body rest for a while (read nap).

So then in the midst of doing laundry (yes, they make us do laundry, can you believe it?), I got this bright idea to do the EA Sports Active, one of the preset workouts. I chose the easy 22 minute workout. Here was the problem - it had running in it. Multiple times. When I run, I am usually fine but when ALL of your midsection muscles are sore and your fatty flesh starts thrashing around, it makes things sort of miserable. So did I quit? Of course not. This is Fat Camp and quitting is not an option. No one will come pick me up anyway. My solution? Try my best to hold my fat down with my hands (and I had a full body sports bra on, this should tell you how much jiggle I have) and keep on running. Strangely enough, it did help.

I did go back to my 1600 calories today and I have eaten well. God bless tortillas. And my heart goes out to all of you who are not eating carbs. They do keep me full a lot longer than protein and vegetables alone. However, you will probably have better weight losses than I will.

Speaking of, tomorrow is weigh-in day. I do want to go on the record now saying that I do feel more lean. If for some reason the scale is not nice to me tomorrow I honestly did my best. I ate what I was told to and burned a lot of calories. I am thinking with all this change there maybe an adjustment period for my body. Let's just hope it isn't too long.

Tomorrow holds another day of action. Let me just tell you that there is quite a difference at the lady gym between taking classes in the morning and taking classes at night. I will share those observations with you tomorrow. So until then....sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite (you should wear your bug spray at bed time too).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wait- are you really at a camp or doing it on your own?lol Im confused! :) I think its great that your doing it at all! :) Cool idea- I could of used a fat camp when I was a teenager- but then I would of cried the entire time. lol

:)

Aimee said...

this is a total side note, but did anyone watch that movie "heavyweights" with ben stiller in it? it's like a disney movie or something. i kinda love it. you need one of the water jump thingies they have in that movie!

~closed~ said...

Wow. I'm impressed. I bow to thee fat camp attendee. You are doing incredible. Admit it. The soreness feels good doesn't it...in a weird I'm-an-athlete sorta way. Great job!

wildfluffysheep said...

I always wanted go to fat camp! Sounds intense though...

*high fives*

Laurie said...

Wow! You're doing great! Keep it up! I've always wanted to try Zumba. I've heard so many people talk about it.