The "others" seem to have a common thread. One last sad post from sometime last summer or fall saying they had a rough day, weight loss has been stagnate, life was getting too busy. I am sad for these individuals. It seems that last post is sitting out there says "yep....I gave up on me."
I know it sounds cliche but if you don't believe in you, who will?
Here is my consensus of my weight loss journey so far (since July 2008):
- Yes it sucks to have to spend so much thought, time, and energy on one aspect of your life all the time.
- Working out takes time and does not get any easier (mostly because you change it up to make it harder for yourself).
- Food is still just as delicious as it was before. I do enjoy eating oranges now but after work I would still like to snack on chips.
- I do enjoy getting the comments everyday from different people about how much better I look or that they did not recognize me.
- I like knowing that I can run short distances without losing my breath.
- I like laying in bed at night and feeling a slight soreness in my muscles from the day's workout.
- I like feeling that I did something good for me at the end of the day.
When I really think about it, the good does out-weigh the bad. I wish the "other" bloggers would see that too and come back. We all struggle, we all falter. I will try hard to keep myself here, failing or succeeding.
Time is going to pass anyway, I might as well work at being a healthier me.
So THANK YOU to all the bloggers that stay. You have a bad day and post about it. We all learn from each other's struggles. I know it's hard but you do it anyway. I have heard that maintenance is harder than actually losing the weight. I do not doubt it is challenging but I hit these plateaus and it is pretty difficult on this end as well.
Stay strong and keep posting!!