Monday, January 5, 2009

Missed Another Weigh-In

Sorry Weight Watchers! I feel I failed you somehow. I attend the Sunday afternoon meeting because it is the only day of the week I don't have other things scheduled. I missed the two previous Sundays because I was out of town on the never-ending holiday. I was actually looking forward to getting back to my regular routine with diet and exercise (see previous whinny posts about training).

The reason I missed? Well, after working out again on Saturday morning I was as sore as I could be. My best friend (and workout buddy) has twin babies so it is always better if I go to her house to hang out (what is baby proofing anyway?). I went over and made us a nice healthy dinner with lots of vegetables (read raw carrots here). Around 10:00 pm I knew what was coming. I had to leave right away (her house was having plumbing issues). I was struck with the DEATH FLU.

There is no other term for something so awful. I was exhausted and super sore and had to heave myself out of bed every 15 minutes (no exaggeration - just ask my husband) from 10:30 until 6:30 the next morning. Eventually it slowed to every hour and then I think my body just gave out. I hardly moved from bed and could not face all the new, super pumped new Weight Watcher members. Also, spreading something as awful as DEATH FLU is pure evil.

The upside - I lost that 3 pounds from holiday.

The other hard part was today was the 1st day back at school and I was not sure I would make it through. I did it! But when training time came I could not imagine jumping, running, and crunching abs so I will have to move one workout to the end of the week.

So tonight has been lots of cleaning, laundry, and cloroxing every surface I have been in contact with. At least until my husband gets it.

May you all stay healthy and try not to miss your weigh-ins!

3 comments:

Linda - Operation Stick To It said...

Hope you feel better!

Missing my meetings definitely makes me lose motivation!

Danielle said...

Yeah. I am having some similar issues but not due to the DEATHFLU. I have had it though and it is nasty.

If you missed the weigh ins, pick it back up next time and keep going! You can do it and have already started!

Karyn said...

Missing a WI means that next week you will show an even bigger loss! :)

So sorry you got so sick. Hope your hub doesn't also get it.

Take it easy until your body is recovered.