- I do not have a wonky eye. Those pictures from yesterday were pretty bad and I was probably giving my husband a "look" but when I saw my post today I thought "man sure does look like I have a wonky eye." So in case you were wondering (like I would be if I were a reader) no wonky eye here. Just ugly face.
- I love milk!! Skim milk. LOVE IT!! Before I started losing weight I used to drink a gallon a week by myself. I cut down to one cup a day. Not a full glass, a cup. Which is equal to half of a very small glass. I am giving myself a break. I am pregnant and I say let the baby have milk! And boy is it good. I am not counting the calories either.
- The texture of my hair has changed. Not for the better. I do not enjoy this part of pregnancy. I wonder if it will ever go back....
- Thank you SO MUCH to those who suggested I get the book a "Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" I have been reading it on my kindle today and guess what? No mention of miscarriage at all!! Woohoo!
- There are lots of newbies here is the weight loss blogosphere. WELCOME friends! I have visited your blogs (and enjoyed them). I have added you to my blogroll at the side. Hopefully I have commented on your posts. If not, I have stalked you and read them. I am sure to make a snide comment sometime soon, so be prepared!
- Some of you have been so kind to give me a shout out on your blog and some even bestowed upon me some beautiful awards. I so appreciate this. I know I do not show it (because I can be a lazy turd) but trust me...I read the super nice things you say (even though I do not deserve it) and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. As time has gone on, it has gotten harder for me to pick people to pass these awards on to. So many are deserving. Especially the one about being "creative."
- I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings here but it must be said. Those of you who are health food bloggers and take pictures of your breakfast cookie.....well....I have to give you kudos for putting that thing in your mouth in the name of health. To me it looks like somebody already ate that and had a bad indigestion issue on a plate. I laugh as I type this...really loud. I shall burn in hell....I know...no need to comment on that little ditty.
- I woke up at 5:00 this morning (on spring break) to eat half of a peanut butter and banana sandwich and drink some milk. I also downed some Sun Chips and watched an hour of TV and then went back to bed. And I wonder why I have already gained a few pounds. This pregnancy thing really makes me hungry.
- For the past 2 days I ran in the daylight and I did not melt. I usually only run using the "vampire method" (see the blog and/or book of the Amazing Adventures of DietGirl - totally awesome) - this is where you get up early and exercise under the cover of darkness so no one can see you or make fun of you. I started this at 270 pounds and just never really stopped (I like to run with the dogs before work). But I have slept in the past 2 days so I ran in the middle of the day. Past teenagers, lots of them. No snickering, no comments. No one cares. Not even me. That is growth!
- This week I have totally slacked on weight training. I know I need to but the thrill is gone. I am totally loving cardio still. Can't get enough. I ordered a book on weight training for Preggos. Maybe that will get me going again. I do not want to lose my muscle definition or strength but we are talking I would rather eat a breakfast cookie than do it this week.
- I like to watch 16 and pregnant on MTV. Why? Because no matter how hard I think things will be for me, I will never be 16 with a baby. It makes me appreciate the fact that I waited to have a baby even though I am approaching "advanced maternal age" (damn books).
- My secret show I watch is Big Love on HBO. I did not see the 1st or 2nd season but when I started, I was hooked. Really good writing. And who doesn't love a freak show? I am embarrassed to say I watch it for fear people will think I support polygamy. I cannot imagine being raised in that. The hair and the dresses alone are fascinate me.
- Tonight I got a pedicure right by my house. I live about a 15 minute drive from my school. I walked in and sat down next to one of my parents. Thank goodness I really like her but how random and awkward is that? The only thing more awkward is when one of my parents gave me a pedicure. How much do you tip on that?
- Man what a horribly long post. If you are still reading, sorry. This is 10 minutes of your life you will never get back. But I feel better. Can you tell this post was all about me? Nothing new, it always is.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Randomness...next time a recipe
Many thoughts of randomness today...