Saturday, September 12, 2009

21 Days? Seriously?

Last night I started to get a familiar feeling. Effing lady trouble feelings. Sure enough, I was right and loaded myself up with drugs so I could get a few hours sleep before waking up for a double workout. While working out this morning, I thought....I was just bitching on my blog about lady troubles, when was that? That was August 21st.

How can this be? Do you realize that is 21 days? What evil, horrible force is at work to make me endure these awful pains every 21 days?

My mother is a nurse for OB-GYNs. I asked her if you can have a cycle shorter than 28 days. Oh, sure you can. Anything between 21 and 31 days is considered normal. I consider 21 days heinous!!

When I was super fat, I only had this issue every 3 months or so. I know fat and hormones plays a part in that. For a few months it was about every 35 days. Then down to about 28. But now, every 21?? Lord have mercy on me. Has anyone else had this issue (sorry about this post gentlemen)?

Well I must now research how to pay my ticket online before they issue a warrant for my arrest on Monday. Oh, and the asshats that work for the city of Arlington also gave us a city code violation for dangerous weeds. I was irate. Now to be clear, I never do yard work - ever. I probably never will. Not because I am lazy as much as my husband takes care of everything. He finds things to take care of that I would never notice. He is an engineer and completely anal retentive when it comes to our yard. The code violation we received was about weeds behind the back fence (which my husband mowed like 2 days ago - he always mows it for us and a neighbor). We are the only ones that have ours mowed. The lazy asshat wrote violations for everyone on our street and stuck them to our doors without even looking behind the fence. I wanted to take that violation and go down to the offices, wipe my ass with it and hand it back to the jerk-off who wrote it with pictures of my lawn. My husband disagreed. He sent a nice email instead. I think my response had a little more pizazz, but whatever.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. If it ever stops raining, I might get to enjoy it more.

15 comments:

Dana (www.eatsleepgetfit.com) said...

I've been on lady trouble for a damn month now! Try dealing with that! LOL.

Unknown said...

Don't know if you are on any BC but I take one where you only get your lady troubles once every 3 months...I like not dealing with it every month...

seren_sighs. said...

So I'm a silent reader of your blog for a week or so now. I found your blog through another blog actually. But I figured I'd comment on this one because I can really relate to the lady troubles.

When I was around fifteen I started having my period every 21 to 23 days or so. It evened out for a while, going to a normal 28 days, but this summer it has gone back to about 23 to 27. So I completely understand. Admittedly this is the first summer in a long time that I've been working out and eating healthy like I am so perhaps this is normal for me.

The only good thing is that while it is every few weeks it seems to be lighter and shorter than most women experience. Hopefully this will hold true for you as well. Good luck!

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Personally, I like the wipe-my-ass option. Cities generally respect that kind of chutzpah!

Deb said...

I know you are pissed, but DAMN, this post made me laugh. You are one funny chica.

Sorry you are hating our rain. I love a rainy Saturday. (I'm weird).

Unknown said...

I took BCP for 3 months straight then stopped for a period....but felt like I was taking it for too long 12 plus years- so I ditched them all together. lol I get such bad cramps I am bed ridden...sorry your EARLY! :(

Tales of a plus size pregnancy said...

In my secret life, I would go with your option to deal with the city, but in reality, I am too uptight and would have to follow the path of your hubby. It did crack me up though. You do have pizazz!!!

Angie Moses said...

ugh to the "lady issue" if your done with that "software" I'd get it frozen or removed...LOL!

Glad to hear neighboring cities are as stupid as mine (keller) we once got a code violation for the trash can being our after 7pm on trash day...please! Some people don't work 8-5's!

We sure need the rain, but I am oh so tired of it too.

Jennifer said...

I hope you get feeling better soon.

big_mummy said...

i have to deal with the 21 day thing, it was more often before i started losing weight though, and so so so so so sooooo heavy. I actually have been referred to a gyn and i keep putting off appts because i know they are going to say to try losing more weight, so if i can go in there and say, listen i weigh less now than before i had any of my kids so you WILL listen to me and do something OTHER than ask me to go on the pill or get the coil fitted. ugh dr's. pah.

i like your response too ;)

Fran said...

Since we're daily mile friends I've decided to visit your blog and I like it. I will sure visit yours more often.

I'm not having the 21 thing since I've got a spiral 5 years ago. I've had in that time 3 times a period of exactly one day so I'm not complaining :)

Hadley said...

Yeep, that sucks. I'd go insane on a 21 day cycle.

Good luck fighting that ticket. Lots of cities have been trying to increase revenues by handing out unnecessary fines: here's to hoping you don't get stuck paying it.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Never had the 21 OR 28 day thing. Too fat I guess.. :)

sara said...

21 days- YIKES. meanwhile, i LOVED all the pics as i caught up with your blog! cannot believe how much change there's been in a year. like i said before you like like an active teen- what an AWESOME mom you're gonna make!

sara said...

LOOK like